HOW TO REGISTER
Please read carefully before you register.
- You may search and register for classes online or by phone (719) 634-5581.
- Registration for Fine Arts Center Members begins upon receipt of catalog or when classes are posted online.
- Registration should be made as soon as possible; class size is limited and spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be notified if the class(es) for which you are registering are full.
Use our website to register for an art class at the Bemis School of Art today! Search all of our available classes using key words, course code numbers, class mediums, age group, instructor, or day of the week. Click on the class you’d like to register for to read the full description, download your supply list, and add the class to your cart. Then, simply click Proceed to Checkout to complete our registration form and process payment.
Call Bemis School of Art at (719) 634-5581 during registration office hours, Monday–Saturday 9 a.m.–4 p.m. with the course name(s), and credit card payment information to register over the phone. Course tuition is due in full at time of registration. Please have your Visa, Master Card, Discover, or American Express number with expiration date and cardholder’s name ready when you call.
Full payment is due upon enrollment. All major credit cards are accepted. Card processing fees are applicable. These fees cover the costs associated with processing payments online and maintaining the platform to do so.
- Level A – All levels welcome.
- Level 0 – This class is for the true beginner with no prior experience in the medium.
- Level I – This class is for those with some familiarity with the medium. This could include informal use of medium outside of the classroom.
- Level II – This class is for those who have taken at least one class in the medium. Student should be comfortable with the basics of how to use and manipulate the medium.
- Level III – This class is for those who have significant experience in the medium – 2-3 or more classes or a year or more of experience.
- Level IV – This class is for those with advanced skill or knowledge in the medium. Student should be highly motivated and self-directed. Some classes in this level will require a portfolio review and/or approval of instructor.
Registration implies the responsible party understands the course levels above and has selected a course that matches their skill level. Students who are identified as being enrolled in a class above their actual level will be encouraged to move into a class that better fits their level of skills.
Effective Sept. 1, 2023, parking for students taking classes at Bemis School of Art is available in the main Fine Arts Center parking lot located at 30 West Dale Street. To access the studio classrooms, enter the FAC through the main doors and follow the signs for Bemis School of Art.
For detailed information regarding parking, please visit the FAC Parking Webpage.
Please note — registration implies the responsible party has read and agrees to the Bemis School of Art policies and procedures detailed below:
- The FAC’s Bemis School of Art reserves the right to change class instructors when necessary.
- Use of studios for commercial production work is not allowed.
- Studios are reserved for the use of registered students only.
- Tuition fees are for the entire course as scheduled regardless of attendance. No refunds or make up classes will be given for absences. We do not pro-rate tuition.
- Students should register for courses within the level range (listed above) that accurately matches their skill level.
- Parents must arrive to pick up their children on time. A childcare fee may be assessed for children waiting for more than 15 minutes.
- The FAC’s Bemis School of Art reserves the right to refuse enrollment to participants with a history of unacceptable behavior.
- Disorderly conduct or misbehavior while on Fine Arts Center grounds will not be allowed and may result in suspension from class(es).
- Suspension due to misconduct does not release the student/parent from financial obligation to the FAC. Parents must arrange for child’s transportation home immediately (as applicable).
- Students should refrain from attending class if they are feeling unwell.
VIRTUAL COURSE POLICIES
Students registered for virtual courses are expected to conduct themselves as if participating in an on-site Bemis course. As a virtual course registrant, Bemis asks that you please be aware of your surroundings during virtual class sessions. Ensure your Zoom camera background is simple and clear of any foot traffic, including family members moving in and out of view, bright backlighting, or anything else that would be distracting to fellow students and the instructor. If need be, you can choose to turn off your camera in Zoom and turn it back on when you’re ready. Instructors will provide Zoom meeting links before courses begin.
Supplies will be provided for youth classes unless otherwise noted. Students enrolled in adult classes must provide their own supplies. Each course’s supply list may be found on the corresponding course webpage at https://artschool.csfineartscenter.org/classes. There may be instructors who opt to provide specialty supplies for an additional materials fee payable to them on the first day of class. This option will be noted in the corresponding course description. In case you are unable to attend class, consider purchasing supplies that are returnable.
Course Cancellations and Changes
The Bemis School of Art reserves the right to cancel, combine, or reschedule classes. If it is necessary to cancel a class for any reason, all registered participants will be informed as soon as possible and given the opportunity to transfer into another class. If a participant does not wish to transfer into another class, they may instead opt to receive a gift card to use toward any future Bemis School of Art course or a refund in the method in which they originally paid (card, cash, or check).
Withdrawals, Refunds, and Transfers
- Tuition fees are for the entire course as scheduled regardless of attendance. No refunds or make-up classes will be given for absences.
- We do not offer pro-rated tuition for missed classes.
- Notice of withdrawal must be received by the front desk staff by phone (719) 634-5581 or email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than one week prior to the first day of class. Some card processing fees are not refundable.
- Withdrawals less than one week prior to the first day of class will be refunded to a gift card to use toward any future Bemis School of Art course and are not redeemable for cash.
- No refunds will be given to participants who elect to withdraw from a class once it has begun.
- Failure to attend sessions or notification to the instructor will not be regarded as an official notice of withdrawal.
- Request for a course transfer is limited to one per session and must be received by the front desk staff by phone (719) 634-5581 or email email@example.com no later than one week prior to the first day of class.
- Checks returned are not honored for any reason and will be subject to a $15 NSF charge and subject to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
Unless informed otherwise in writing, the FAC’s Bemis School of Art considers photographs taken of students and their artwork to be permissible for publication in Fine Arts Center and Bemis School of Art informational and promotional publications, including the website.
In the event of illness or injury, the staff of the FAC’s Bemis School of Art will act as your agent in obtaining medical care for registered students.
VIRTUAL COURSE WAIVER
By registering for a Bemis School of Art virtual course, you are acknowledging that instructors and fellow students of said course may be able to view everything in the line of sight of all shared camera video during live Zoom sessions. Virtual courses may be recorded for quality assurance and promotional publications, including websites and social media.