HOW TO REGISTER
Please read carefully before you register.
- You may search and register for classes online or by phone (719) 634-5581.
- Registration for Fine Arts Center Members begins upon receipt of catalog or when classes are posted online.
- Registration should be made as soon as possible; class size is limited and spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be notified if the class(es) for which you are registering are full.
Use our website to register for an art class at the Bemis School of Art today! Search all of our available classes using key words, course code numbers, class mediums, age group, instructor, or day of the week. Click on the class you’d like to register for to read the full description, download your supply list, and add the class to your cart. Then, simply click Proceed to Checkout to complete our registration form and process payment.
Call Bemis School of Art at (719) 475-2444 during registration office hours, Monday – Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. with the course name(s), code number(s), and credit card payment information to register over the phone. Course tuition is due in full at time of registration. Please have your Visa, Master Card, Discover, or American Express number with expiration date and cardholder’s name ready when you call.
Full payment is due upon enrollment. All major credit cards are accepted.
- Level A – All levels welcome.
- Level 0 – This class is for the true beginner with no prior experience in the medium.
- Level I – This class is for those with some familiarity with the medium. This could include informal use of medium outside of the classroom.
- Level II – This class is for those who have taken at least one class in the medium. Student should be comfortable with the basics of how to use and manipulate the medium.
- Level III – This class is for those who have significant experience in the medium – 2-3 or more classes or a year or more of experience.
- Level IV – This class is for those with advanced skill or knowledge in the medium. Student should be highly motivated and self-directed. Some classes in this level will require a portfolio review and/or approval of instructor.
Registration implies the responsible party understands the course levels above and has selected a course that matches their skill level. Students who are identified as being enrolled in a class above their actual level will be encouraged to move into a class that better fits their level of skills.
Please note – Registration implies the responsible party has read and agrees to the Bemis School of Art policies and procedures detailed below:
- The FAC’s Bemis School of Art reserves the right to change class instructors when necessary.
- The FAC’s Bemis School of Art reserves the right to refuse enrollment to participants with a history of unacceptable behavior.
- Students should register for courses within the level range (listed above) that accurately matches their skill level.
- Children under the age of 18 must submit a medical authorization form signed by a parent or legal guardian before attending class.
- Parents must arrive to pick up their children on time. A childcare fee may be assessed for children waiting for more than 15 minutes.
- We do not pro-rate tuition.
- Disorderly conduct or misbehavior while on Fine Arts Center grounds will not be allowed and may result in suspension from class (es).
- Suspension due to misconduct does not release the student/parent from financial obligation to the FAC. Parents must arrange for child’s transportation home immediately (as applicable).
- Use of studios for commercial production work is not allowed.
- Studios are reserved for the use of registered students only.
- Tuition fees are for the entire course as scheduled regardless of attendance. No refunds or make up classes will be given for absences.
VIRTUAL COURSE POLICIES
Students registered for virtual courses are expected to conduct themselves as if participating in an on-site Bemis course. As a virtual course registrant, Bemis asks that you please be aware of your surroundings during virtual class sessions. Ensure your Zoom camera background is simple and clear of any foot traffic, including family members moving in and out of view, bright backlighting, or anything else that would be distracting to fellow students and the instructor. If need be, you can choose to turn off your camera in Zoom and turn it back on when you’re ready. Instructors will provide Zoom meeting links before courses begin.
Supplies will be provided for youth classes unless otherwise noted. Students enrolled in adult classes must provide their own supplies. Each course’s supply list may be found on the corresponding course webpage at https://artschool.csfineartscenter.org/classes. There may be instructors who opt to provide specialty supplies for an additional materials fee payable to them on the first day of class. This option will be noted in the corresponding course description. In case you are unable to attend class, consider purchasing supplies that are returnable.
CANCELLATION OF CLASSES
The FAC’s Bemis School of Art reserves the right to cancel, combine, or reschedule classes to adjust for enrollment. If it is necessary to cancel a class for any reason, all registered participants will be informed as soon as possible and given the opportunity to transfer to another class. If participants do not wish to transfer to another class, an appropriate refund will be processed.
- We do not pro-rate tuition.
- There is a $10 withdrawal fee for FAC members and a $20 withdrawal fee for non-members per class.
- NO refunds will be given to participants who elect to withdraw from a class once it has begun.
- Failure to attend sessions or verbal notification to the instructor will not be regarded as an official notice of withdrawal.
- Checks returned are not honored for any reason and will be subject to a $15 NSF charge and subject to prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.
- Participants may transfer courses one time per semester at no cost. Each additional course transfer will incur a $10 transfer fee.
Unless informed otherwise in writing, the FAC’s Bemis School of Art considers photographs taken of students and their artwork to be permissible for publication in Fine Arts Center and Bemis School of Art informational and promotional publications, including the website.
In the event of illness or injury, the staff of the FAC’s Bemis School of Art will act as your agent in obtaining medical care for registered students.
VIRTUAL COURSE WAIVER
By registering for a Bemis School of Art virtual course, you are acknowledging that instructors and fellow students of said course may be able to view everything in the line of sight of all shared camera video during live Zoom sessions. Virtual courses may be recorded for quality assurance and promotional publications, including websites and social media.