Fall 2021 course proposals are due Wednesday, June 23 at noon.
Bemis School of Art is accepting proposals for limited capacity in-person courses and virtual courses. Please read the important items of note below carefully:
Courses may begin on Monday, September 20, 2021 and must conclude by Friday, December 17, 2021.
- Up to 10 community members max , depending on the classroom (2 for darkroom, 6 for wheel room), or up to 5 members from the same private group for private/semi-private workshops.
- In-Person Course Schedules:
- 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (to be out of the building by 4 p.m.) Saturday – Tuesday.
- 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Wednesday – Friday.
- No courses in the ceramics studios from 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Disinfectants will be available to instructors to sanitize after every class.
- Due to limited number of studios available at once, please make sure you enter a second choice of date and time that will work for you.
- No models can be used at this time.
- Instructors and students may not bring friends, neighbors, children, partners, spouses, or anyone else to campus.
- All students and instructors must follow the Fine Arts Center guidelines found here: https://fac.coloradocollege.edu/visit/
- Colorado College is requiring that all staff and instructors teaching in-person must be immunized by August 1, 2021. More information will be provided regarding proof of immunization submittal and exemption processes.
- Things can change depending on COVID-19 status, Colorado College policies, and local safety guidelines. We will inform you of any changes that may impact in-person courses.
- All virtual courses or workshops will include live Zoom class meeting sessions and the option for pre-recorded videos if desired.
- If you so choose, each virtual course may include ‘virtual studio hours’ during which the students can work on their projects, ask questions, and receive some personalized guidance from you after the class lesson. If you decide to include ‘virtual studio hours’ they must immediately follow the virtual instruction session. ‘Virtual studio hours’ will count toward the total hours of your course or workshop.
- All instructors must include a brief 30-45 second introductory video introducing yourself, the course you are proposing, and sharing any autobiographical details that you feel are pertinent. Be sure your video also answers the question, “What skills/abilities/products should students take away from this class?”. You will be prompted to upload the video in the proposal form below.
Before you submit your proposal, please review the Course Proposal Instructions. If you do not complete the course proposal per the instructions your proposal will be considered incomplete and will be pushed back to you for corrections if time allows. Please ensure you have all of your course information, images, and videos together and prepared before you submit your proposal.
We will be available to provide email, phone, and scheduled Zoom appointment assistance for proposals up until Monday, June 21 at noon. If you need the help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to meet. We may not be able to accommodate unscheduled or last-minute one-on-one help, so please plan accordingly.
If your proposal is successfully submitted, you will see a notification on the screen below and receive a copy via email.
Colorado College is requiring all staff and instructors teaching in-person to be immunized by August 1, 2021. The Colorado College vaccination portal is now open. Once you click the link below, you will select the “CC Login” option and login with your regular CC credentials. If you are vaccinated, select the “Staff/Faculty COVID-9 Vaccination Documentation” link. You will answer some questions and upload a picture of your vaccination card. For Exemption, select the “Staff/Faculty COVID-9 Exemption Claim” link.
- Click here for Staff/Faculty COVID-19 Vaccination Documentation submission.
- Click here for Staff/Faculty COVID-9 Exemption Claim submission.
If you do not have a CC email address, more information will follow.
- November 6 – Veterans’ Day Parade
- November 20-28 – Fall Break & Thanksgiving Holiday